Please join our talented Ukrainian motanka doll artist Svitlana for a special workshop where you will make your own motanka (rug doll).
The motanka (Ukrainian: мотанка) doll is an ancient Ukrainian household item that’s believed to protect and bring blessings to the home and family. Bring a piece of memorable fabric for the doll to make it even more special! The workshop will be held in both English and Ukrainian.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- lots of fun learning a unique, traditional Ukrainian technique of making motanka dolls while getting to know another culture;
- shared laughter with both old and new friends;
- some light refreshments and yummy pastries
No experience is necessary, as you will be provided with all the tools and materials you’ll need
The workshop will be held at the Yaletown Roundhouse Community Arts and Recreation Centre in meeting room C. The address is 181 Roundhouse Mew, Vancouver.
- The workshop is designed for all skill levels and everyone is welcome to join!
- Workshop purchases are non-refundable. However, if you find you can’t make it, please by all means give your spot to a friend!
- Community Center and street parking are available.
- Pre-registration is required.